Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don't be afraid of the package...

This little package saves me on a lot of cold and rainy days.
Photobucket
In turn with making a few changes, it turns to something like this:
Photobucket

When I fry up my ground beef or turkey I like to dice an onion and throw that in with it. I also add a can of whole kernel corn. I use a large can of diced tomatoes and a small can of tomato paste. Also kidney beans. Top it with anything you like, here are a few idea: purple onion, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream and chives.
Best Dishes and Love!

2 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy for a rainy day like today, especially with some cornbread! :) One question though.. do you do this all in the same skillet that you brown your meat in? Also does it just simmer until heated throughout or is their a specific amount of time you let it go? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Stevie... There are directions on the back of the packet which is why I didn't include them in the post. You got it, brown the meat and onion together. Then add them to the simmering pot. I can't exactly remember how long it needs to simmer, it isn't long though.

    ReplyDelete